New Start is set a part from all other home health agencies because its cost effective specialty care and training programs and its unique collaboration with the Freedom To Live Foundation, a non-profit organization for a better quality life.
New Start Home Health partners with Freedom To Live Foundation, a local non-profit organization, to provide a complete solution for transitioning patients from hospital/acute care rehab or long term nursing facilities to living at home successfully.
NSHH / FTL specialty care and training program outlines and implements a long term personal care plan for our recipients who reside either in their own home or at a Freedom Home Campus.
Our program includes a comprehensive evaluation prior to acceptance into our unique Independence Training Program.
- Medically Stable
- Mentally Alert
- Catastrophically Injured or Disabled
- Ventilator or Non-Ventilator Dependent
- Potential to Achieve Independence
- Approved Medical Authorization for Care
- NSHH / FTL case manager will set up an interview with applicant in person after initial phone/email contact to evaluate and gather appropriate information for eligibility into the NSHH / FTL program.
- NSHH /FTL case manager will discuss the details of the NSHH / FTL program and inform the applicant with an overview of the training program’s process, goals and commitment expectations.
- FTL case manager will discuss and determine housing needs and availabilities. If the applicant is need of housing during rehabilitative/independence training program the applicant can apply for residency at the Freedom To Live Campus.
- NSHH will determine the nursing care plan and will provide an individualized plan using the following guidelines:
PRIOR TO DISCHARGE FROM HOSPITAL OR OTHER SKILLED INSTITUTION NSHH WILL REQUIRE:
- Authorization from Insurance Company or other payor to provide appropriate number of skilled nursing visits in order for NSHH to manage the long term plan successfully.
- NSHH will require a contract with the payor source so applicant is assured access to adequate nursing care ( LVN, CHHA, Attendant Care )
- Signed rental agreement under Freedom to Live Foundation if being discharged to a Freedom Home.
- The applicant will be given a “Recipient Agreement Contract” and a plan of what benefits, nursing care and financial resources (private, insurance or medical) will be required to reach a successful outcome.
- After the applicant has agreed and NSHH / FTL has confirmed all requirements for entrance into the program, he/she begins the program immediately.